D 1.0 for Jan 1, 2007

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 9 16:48:13 PST 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Walter Bright wrote:

> We'll release it one way or another Jan 1. And then we'll move on!

Walter,

Can you clarify for the rest of us what you consider this milestone
meaning / containing?  What changes at that point in time?  What do you
consider finished, frozen, whatever?

This has come up each time a 1.0 point has been suggested, with lots of
potential things to fall into the bucket, but I don't recall ever seeing
your point of view.

I'm purposely not including my thoughts or any of the past thoughts from
other people since I'm seeking a fairly complete response from you rather
than a short agreement sort of answer.

Thanks,
Brad