A new game (Bosskoneun)

Will DeVore quartz13163 at distanthumans.org
Thu Nov 9 18:00:46 PST 2006

== Repost the article of clayasaurus (clayasaurus at gmail.com)
== Posted at 2006/11/09 20:52 to digitalmars.D.announce

clayasaurus wrote:
> Will DeVore wrote:
>> Hello fellow D programmers,
>>
>> I thought I would announce the completion of the next game in my series
>> written in D called bosskoneun. :)
>>
>> It is a 2D top-down shootem-up. Pictures, binaries and source are
>> available at:
>>
>> http://distanthumans.info/programming/D/bosconian/bosconian.php
>>
>> D is so efficient that the game sleeps 98% of the time even under the
>> most
>> graphically intensense levels.
>>
>> Thanks Walter for creating an easy and powerful language. Hint: Look
>> at the
>> default high scores. ;) The credits list DigitalMars.com
>> If you like the game, could it be posted to the "dlinks" section?
>>
>> My next assignment, on the horizon, is evaluating how D can be
>> utilized on the
>> PS3 for games. Gee Walter what do you think those chances are, wink
>> wink. :)
>>
>> P.S. Posting this message didn't like the fact that I have a .info
>> TLD. Hmmm...
>> -Will.
>
> Cool! You need to include SDL.dll in there too though. I'm going to give
> it a spin.
>
> ~ Clay

Tried it a little bit, I enjoy the game but it would be nice if you
supported the arrow keys for movement and space for fire, the controls
were a little difficult for me to manage :)

Oops. You are right. I did forget the SDL.dll.

Speaking about the arrow keys, I tried them but couldn't figure out how to get SDL
to recognize two arrow keys for diagonals. The fire key is easy enough though. :)