A new game (Bosskoneun)

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun Nov 12 16:40:15 PST 2006

Kyle Furlong wrote:
>> Will DeVore wrote:
>>> Hello fellow D programmers,
>>>
>>> I thought I would announce the completion of the next game in my series
>>> written in D called bosskoneun. :)
>>>
>>> It is a 2D top-down shootem-up. Pictures, binaries and source are
>>> available at:
>>>
>>> http://distanthumans.info/programming/D/bosconian/bosconian.php
>>>
>>> D is so efficient that the game sleeps 98% of the time even under the
>>> most
>>> graphically intensense levels.
>>>
>>> Thanks Walter for creating an easy and powerful language. Hint: Look
>>> at the
>>> default high scores. ;) The credits list DigitalMars.com
>>> If you like the game, could it be posted to the "dlinks" section?
>>>
>>> My next assignment, on the horizon, is evaluating how D can be
>>> utilized on the
>>> PS3 for games. Gee Walter what do you think those chances are, wink
>>> wink. :)
>>>
>>> P.S. Posting this message didn't like the fact that I have a .info
>>> TLD. Hmmm...
>>> -Will.
>>
>> Windows binary silently fails on loading a new 1 player game. (Windows
>> XP SP2, Athlon64)
>
> Hmmm, works now. Strange.

I had the same.  Didn't work then it did.  Sounds like you've figured
out how to fix it, though.  But the fix doesn't seem to be in the latest
binary download.

I found the keys to be too hard to use too.
  J K L
for basic up/down/left/right is much more usable, I think.  At least
that's what I got used to from a variety of games on my old Apple ][+.  :-)

--bb