dsource hardware upgrade

Pragma ericanderton at yahoo.removeme.com
Mon Nov 13 08:57:30 PST 2006

Brad Anderson wrote:
>> I guess we can call it a hardware upgrade.  The motherboard is having some
>> "issues" right now, so I'll put some positive spin on it and throw in a memory
>> upgrade, too.
>>
>> I don't know when it will be back, but hopefully the new equipment will be
>> available and installed this evening.
>>
>> Sorry for the inconvenience...
>>
>> BA
>
> An update:
>
> My friend in Houston (where the server is located) attempted to replace the
> failed motherboard with a new one, and found the memory the store recommended
> with the purchase was the wrong kind.  He will attempt to fix this today.
>
> After the end of the year, I will also be on-board with setting up some
> mirrors so the content is not too far out of reach.
>
> BA

That's good news.  Thanks for all the hard work Brad.  Sorry to hear the
old mobo is no more - she was a good server, and will be missed.

As far as mirrors go, would these be sourceforge-style mirrors for
downloads?  I think just a download/release annex of some kind would be
killer for ironing out useage and downtime problems. :)

--
- EricAnderton at yahoo