DMD 0.174 release

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Wed Nov 15 12:59:01 PST 2006

> I'm not much of a template guy .. good job, I guess, even though it all
> sounds like C++ish bloat to me.
> But isn't Reflection more important? :P

Template programming will be used primarily to develop sophisticated
libraries to be used by people like you who don't like template programming.
Using a template and developing one are two very different things.  The
typical developer might just shrug at advanced template features, but an
advanced library developer will appreciate them very much.

BTW, C++ doesn't even come close to having these features.

-Craig