D Shared Software System version 0.3 released!

BCS BCS at pathilink.com
Thu Nov 16 15:02:08 PST 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:

> Not sure what you're trying to compile, but basically you need your
> working directory to be the directory of the sources (with dsss.conf).
> Also, before installing you need to build with 'dsss build' :)
>
> Oh and, if you're trying to install something from the net, you want
> 'dsss net install'.
>
>  - Gregor Richards

I'm not trying to install anything. Just get dsss so that it will do
anything at all.

What I have done is:

1. download the .zip file
2. copy it to the harddrive
3. add dsss's path to $PATH
4. run "dsss install --prefix=f:\arlt\src" from the command line

this last bit comes from the v0.2 thread:

Gregor Richards wrote:
 > I should probably document this somewhere properly, but:
 >
 > The net feature cannot be used until you actually install dsss to some
 > prefix.  The next step here would be:
 >
 > $ ./dsss install --prefix=<your_favorite_prefix>

I assume that all this does is setup dsss for where to put things and
the next thing would be some sort of "dsss net..." command, but I
haven't got that far yet.

Am I supposed to tell it to get something in step 4?
Am I missing something else?