D Conference 2007

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Nov 16 18:50:50 PST 2006

John Reimer wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 23:53:47 -0800, Walter Bright
> <newshound at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>
>> Brad Roberts and I have been discussing putting on the first D
>> conference. We'd at last all get to meet each other! This announcement
>> is to gauge the level of interest.
>>
>> It would be either in the spring (March) or early summer (June). It
>> would be in Seattle, Washington or Astoria, Oregon. Both places are
>> prime vacation spots.
>>
>> It would be 1 or 2 days, depending on the number of presentations. It
>> would need commitments from at least 20 people to make it a go.
>

> It probably wouldn't be to difficult for me to make it... after all, I'm
> just north of there by several hours. :)
>
> -JJR

Hmm.  Judging from http://www.frappr.com/d , it looks like holding the
conference somewhere around Munich would put it with in easy reach of
the maximum number of people.

...But it's hard to tell from the frappr map.  Sometimes people's
markers get piled on top of each other, and of course, lots of people
just aren't on the map.

I won't be coming either way unless it's in Tokyo.  :-)  Or co-located
SIGGRAPH 2007 in San Diego.

--bb