D Conference 2007

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 23:39:01 PST 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 23:19:56 -0800, Thomas Kuehne <thomas-dloop at kuehne.cn>
wrote:

> John Reimer schrieb am 2006-11-17:
>> On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:50:50 -0800, Bill Baxter
>
>> It is unfortunate, though, that more Europeans couldn't be involved in
>> such a Conference.  It's clearly evident that some of the most
>> influential
>> D community members are from overseas.
>
> I'd love to come to the Westcoast, but as other have hinted this would
> most likely require somewhere around US$ 2000-3000 for most Europeans.

Ouch!  That's expensive!  It's no where near that costly to fly from here
to Europe.  My Trip to Manchester, England this month cost me just over
$1080 Canadian (about $950 US) return and that wasn't even an
exceptionally competitive price (although the only available at the
time).  I admit that its certainly cheaper making the trip from here to
there.  That does seem to favour the idea of a European convention
someday.  I certainly wouldn't mind.  I'm starting to like any excuse for
a little holiday. :)

> Co-hosting somewhere in Europe should enable quite few more to take part
> in this gathering. Yes renting a second place and providing the video
> infrastructure is no replacement for a person-to-person meeting.
>
> Thomas

An interesting idea.  By "Co-hosting" do you mean a realtime
video-conference of sorts? Or do you just mean just hosting another
conference in Europe on another occasion?

-JJR