D Conference 2007

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 00:05:49 PST 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 23:41:32 -0800, Walter Bright
<newshound at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> Thomas Kuehne wrote:
>> I'd love to come to the Westcoast, but as other have hinted this would
>> most likely require somewhere around US$ 2000-3000 for most Europeans.
>
> Would prices be lower if we did it off season?
>
> I just checked with www.expedia.com for a weekend in late March round
> trip Seattle <=> Frankfurt. Fares range from $518 on up. Car rental, add
> another $200 - $300 (guessing). Hotels in Astoria, can probably do for
> $100/night. Seattle hotels are probably higher.
>
> It's a lot of money, no two ways about it.

I think the flights are much cheaper going from here to there... Did you
check the other way around?  It seems that it makes a difference even
thought it's a round trip either way?  Not sure why.

Hotels are pretty expensive... would almost be better to find a way to
camp out.  That's one way to get to know new country.  I always try to
find the least expensive route, even if it means a little hardship.  :)

-JJR