D Shared Software System version 0.3 released!

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Fri Nov 17 16:34:26 PST 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:
> Mark Wrenn wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:53:06 -0800, Gregor Richards wrote:
>>

>>> DSSS and more information on it are available from
>>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss .
>>>

>> Gregor, DSSS is a great tool.  Here's my comments:
>>
>> I installed and built DSSS - I did need to download SVN first otherwise
>> Makefile.dmd.win failed.  I have been using TortoiseSVN not command line
>> SVN.  Once I got past that it was fine.
>>
>> I then tried to install mango.  The first time I ran it SVN sync'd the
>> source and then I got an error.  I tried it again and I got the same
>> error:
>>
>> C:\dsss>dsss net install mango
>> Synchronizing...
>> Working in c:\dsss\tmp\DSSS_mango
>> + svn co http://svn.dsource.org/projects/mango/trunk
>> Checked out revision 932.
>> + curl http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsss/sources/mango.diff -o
>> mango.diff
>>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
>> Current
>>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
>> Speed
>> 100  3455  100  3455    0     0   4765      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
>> 0
>> patching file dsss.conf
>> Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 339
>>
>> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
>> way.
>> Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>> Tool mango is not installed.
>>

>> Mark
>

> The patch Windows binary from GnuWin32 has failed me, I'm looking for
> another one.
>
> And yes, DSSS requires SVN. Incidentally, you shouldn't /need/ to build
> it, there are binaries :)
>
>  - Gregor Richards

It looks from the tubes like patch.exe on Windows requires patch files
to have Windows line endings, at least from some random post to a
mailing list somewhere :)

Unfortunately, patch.exe doesn't work under Wine at all, so I can't test
it :(

Anyway, I should be able to fix that fairly easily, expect a fix in 0.4.

  - Gregor Richards