D Shared Software System version 0.3 released!

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 08:59:55 PST 2006

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> Sean Kelly wrote:

>>> That is easily among my top five greatest irritations with Windows.
>>> Though I think they are changing it in Vista.
>>
>> Huh...? Really? Why? What do you(plural) mean with condescending and
>> patronizing, what's the problem with those names?
>
> It's the "My" prefix.  Drives me crazy.  I don't know why, it just seems
> condescending.

I've always thought it was condescending and annoying, too. It's as if a
person would be confused by "computer" or "pictures". ("Whose computer
is this? Whose pictures are these?") And then the "my" helps. ("Oh,
that's clearly *my* computer. And *my* pictures.")

It's a few extra characters (and a troublesome space) that don't really
any needed meaning. But I'm sure Microsoft is just trying to help me
because I'm so stupid. ;)

--
jcc7