sslot version 0.2

Kirk McDonald kirklin.mcdonald at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 13:43:10 PST 2006

Don Clugston wrote:
> Lutger wrote:
>> - Better compiler time error messages. I've included Don Clugston's
>> meta.nameof for this, I'm sure it has an open source license but I
>> couldn't find exactly which one.
>
> BSD. I'm working on an update which will cope with all situations (the
> one in DDL/meta doesn't work with local variables (it wasn't possible
> prior to 0.172), and fails in some (relatively obscure) circumstances).

Your Nameof module is turning out to be exceedingly useful. Pyd also
uses it. I have some license questions/requests:

I would appreciate it if (in the future) you included the text of the
license at the top of the source files (in a plain comment, not a
doc-comment).

Second, Pyd itself is released under the MIT license. If Wikipedia's
rundown of the differences between the two is correct, then to comply
with the BSD license on Nameof I just need to include "meta.Nameof and
meta.Demangle are copyright (C) 2005-2006 Don Clugston" in Pyd's docs.
Is this correct?

--
Kirk McDonald
Pyd: Wrapping Python with D