D Shared Software System version 0.4 released!

BCS BCS at pathilink.com
Sun Nov 19 15:47:23 PST 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:
> (And no, there shall be no name change)
>
> I have just released version 0.4 of DSSS. It includes several bugfixes:
>
>         - Fixed a bug causing DSSS not to download mirrors.list (which
> was fairly docile since there are no working mirrors yet)
>         - Modified to work properly on Mac OS X (hopefully)
>         - Wrote simple install and use documents.
>         - Added version output to the --help output.
>         - dsss net list command implemented.
>         - dsss net search command implemented.
>         - dsss installed command implemented.
>         - unix2dos is now used for all patches on Windows, due to a bug
> (of sorts) in GNU patch on Windows.
>
> Notably:
> 1) This should work on Mac OS X now.
> 2) The net component should (I hope) work on Windows now (patch.exe is a
> bit picky on Windows)
> 3) You can now list all packages and search for packages installable via
> the network.
>
> More info and downloads at http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss .
>
>  - Gregor Richards

OK I must be stupid but I can seem to get dsss working.

I have installed DSSS as instructed by dumping the win .zip file and
adding it to my path.

What I want to do is get something (I'm using mango to test things)
downloaded. So I run this:

dsss net install mango

and get a single line of output

Synchronizing...

And I cant find anything that dsss has done. No new file, no mango
anywhere (and no I don't already have mango) Nada. I'm doing something
wrong and don't known what.

Where should the files be showing up?
What response should I be getting?
Am I doing anything right?