sslot version 0.2

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Sun Nov 19 23:20:35 PST 2006

Kirk McDonald wrote:
> Don Clugston wrote:
>> Lutger wrote:
>>> - Better compiler time error messages. I've included Don Clugston's
>>> meta.nameof for this, I'm sure it has an open source license but I
>>> couldn't find exactly which one.
>>
>> BSD. I'm working on an update which will cope with all situations (the
>> one in DDL/meta doesn't work with local variables (it wasn't possible
>> prior to 0.172), and fails in some (relatively obscure) circumstances).
>
> Your Nameof module is turning out to be exceedingly useful. Pyd also
> uses it.

Delighted to hear it.

> I have some license questions/requests:
>
> I would appreciate it if (in the future) you included the text of the
> license at the top of the source files (in a plain comment, not a
> doc-comment).

I really don't want to include the full text of the license. Would a
link suffice?

> Second, Pyd itself is released under the MIT license. If Wikipedia's
> rundown of the differences between the two is correct, then to comply
> with the BSD license on Nameof I just need to include "meta.Nameof and
> meta.Demangle are copyright (C) 2005-2006 Don Clugston" in Pyd's docs.
> Is this correct?

Yes.

Really, all I want to do with the license is to provide reassurance that
there will never be legal issues associated with the code. From what
I've heard, BSD/MIT licenses are better than public domain for this.