D Shared Software System version 0.4 released!

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Mon Nov 20 10:52:41 PST 2006

> What does <DSSS prefix> default to? The install dir of DSSS? I didn't
> set it to anything at all (Not on the command line, no editing files,
> nada). How do I set <DSSS prefix> to something other than the default?
> Last time I tried" dsss ... --prefix=blah" I got errors.

The install dir of DSSS itself.  You can use the --prefix option to
install to a different prefix, but only with the 'install' command.

Also "blah" is a fairly strange prefix ;)

I didn't implement multi-prefix support into the net subset of commands
because it opens a huge can o' worms: A 'dsss net install' actually does
several installs (all dependencies), and often ends up depending on
things already installed, etc, etc, etc, the --prefix options would
either be complex or very limited.  If you need to fine-tune the prefix
of things installed from 'dsss net', just use 'dsss net fetch', 'dsss
build' and 'dsss install --prefix'.  A bit more complicated since it
doesn't do everything for you, but far more controllable :)

  - Gregor Richards