SkyIDE - a new IDE for D (and other languages)

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Tue Nov 21 15:44:12 PST 2006

Lars Ivar Igesund escribió:
> Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:
>
>> freeagle wrote:
>>> Too bad it's win only :(
>>>
>>> other than this, it looks very good
>> It works just fine under Wine. AFAIR also dide and elephant used to work
>> under wine.
>>
>> BTW, is this the best editor for D currently on Linux? What spec version
>> does it support?
>>
>> I think the Eclipse plugin is a bit old. Code::blocks is a piece of
>> junk. Oh man, why do they want to build everything on top of that buggy
>> gtk.. There used to be a emacs mode, but I don't use emacs. So, are
>> there any production ready editors with pretty recent D syntax support
>> for non-Windows OSes at all?
>
> I suppose you mean IDE -support, since most just editors support D? jEdit
> might be one of the more powerful of that sort. There is a new
> Eclipse-plugin, btw, Descent, but it is not fully completed yet and not too
> easy to install.

Talking about Descent, the Parser is now %86 covered by tests while the
Lexer is %70 covered. I'll soon start copying the JDT design. I just
sent a mail to the PHPEclipse development team asking for some advice,
since they copied JDT almost literaly. Hope they answer me. :-)

I'll probably need to use a Jikespg as a parser (not use DMDs parser),
but it should be a good idea to maintain the AST model. This is so the
new parser can be excercised with the tests I wrote, to see that
everything is ok.

Anyone know anything about Jikespg or is interested in learning it?

(btw, currently I'm not planning on making Descent easy to install since
it's not yet useful)