SkyIDE - a new IDE for D (and other languages)

Thomas Brix Larsen brix at brix-verden.dk
Wed Nov 22 06:09:31 PST 2006

Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:

> freeagle wrote:
>> Too bad it's win only :(
>>
>> other than this, it looks very good
>
> It works just fine under Wine. AFAIR also dide and elephant used to work
> under wine.
>
> BTW, is this the best editor for D currently on Linux? What spec version
> does it support?
>
> I think the Eclipse plugin is a bit old. Code::blocks is a piece of
> junk. Oh man, why do they want to build everything on top of that buggy
> gtk.. There used to be a emacs mode, but I don't use emacs. So, are
> there any production ready editors with pretty recent D syntax support
> for non-Windows OSes at all?

Well, I've written a somewhat simple D IDE in qt3.3. It's far from perfect,
but it has usable syntax highlighting, build (bud) support, and it is
completely stable (as in, it has yet to crash on me).

http://brix-verden.dk/projekter/
(there is a current screenshot and the program in a tarball)

- Brix