A new debugger for Linux - would it work for D?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Thu Nov 23 02:30:13 PST 2006

Don Clugston wrote:

> - Items that use D mangling but don't have D linkage. I suggest changing
> those cases to use "0" then the linkage type ('W' for Windows, 'U', for
> C, etc, same as for delegate/function pointers), then the length.
> So instead of
> main3abci
>
> it would be
> 0U4main3abci
>
> for
>
> void main()
> {
>   int abc;
> }
>

> making it distinguishable from
> extern(Windows)
> {
>   int main3abci;
> }

Can we define functions that do not have D linkage, but have D name
mangling? If so, does that even make sense? It was my understanding that
any function with linkage other than D is used for obj/lib/dll level
compatibility with other programs written in other languages (i.e., ABI
level compatibility). As such, these other languages don't understand D
name mangling but only C name mangling, so what's a non-D-linkage with
D-name-mangling for?

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student