A new debugger for Linux - would it work for D?

Cristian Vlasceanu cristian at zero-bugs.com
Thu Nov 23 20:42:09 PST 2006

I owe a clarification (especially since some of you have posted code in response
to my demangling question).

Zero is NOT open source, and my long term intent is a commercially supported
product (see some of my ramblings here: http://the-free-meme.blogspot.com/).

Also I see a lot of domain knowledge wrt the inner workings of D in this forum.

I thinks it would be a good idea (architecturally and ethically) that Zero provide
hooks for D-supporting plugins and shared objects. Such modules could be open
source themselves, or othewise licensed, as their respective authors see fit. The
demangler for example is already based on a factory pattern (it deals with legacy
gcc and the Itanium ABI), and delegating to a .so that implements D demangling
would not be very hard to do.