DMD 0.175 release [OT]

Kristian Kilpi kjkilpi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 13:47:42 PST 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:27:02 +0200, David Medlock <noone at nowhere.com>
wrote:

> Kristian Kilpi wrote:

>>> Oh, I always forget that you people in the North don't have sunlight
>>> during this time of the year. Here, in Argentina, it's getting hotter
>>> every minute. God bless air conditioning :D
>>>
>>> -- Tom;
>>   You...! ;)
>>  Here in Finland is indeed pretty dark most of the day. Well, it should
>> be  winter, but currently my thermometer shows +10 degrees of Celsius
>> (it  should rather be showing -10 degrees). No snow in the ground, and
>> water is  raining. In October we had pretty much snow (10-30cm), but
>> this month has  been so warm that even lakes in southern Finland are
>> not frozen anymore.  There is still snow in northern Finland though  (
>> http://www.fmi.fi/en/index.html?neito=lumi ).
>>  Global warming in its work? :/
>>

> Cool. My wife's father(and his family) are from Finland.
>
> I think next summer we will get over her fear of flying and go there for
> a couple of weeks.

:)

> Take heart with global warming.  Its happening on Mars as well so it
> probably a fluctuation in the Sun, not human causes...

I haven't heard that Mars is warming up too. Are measures of the Sun's
temperature showing that the Sun is getting hotter (again, that is; the
temperature fluctuates)? I think the green house effect cannot be ruled
out though. Anything that preserves the nature and lessens pollution is
good. Say that I am cynical, but it seems that big corporations are all
about making money, usually, no matter of what.

Remember gasoline with lead in it? It was 'proven' to be safe (when money
talks... you know what). Of course, when the animals in the zoos start
paralysing and dying, it was realized that maybe there were 'side effects'
after all. It was even noticed that many animals should have been dead
because of the lead poisoning. You can imagine how the lead affected to
people too... And now the same companies are selling the leaded gasoline
to developing countries... Even if they know what harm it'll cause. Way to
go! :(

Grmh, sorry, I don't know where that came from... I shut up now and go to
sleep. (It's night already.)