DMD 0.175 release

David Medlock noone at nowhere.com
Sun Nov 26 17:59:34 PST 2006

John S. Skogtvedt wrote:

> David Medlock skrev:
>

>> Take heart with global warming.  Its happening on Mars as well so it
>> probably a fluctuation in the Sun, not human causes...
>>
>> -DavidM
>

> If you do a google search it seems it's not quite that simple:
> http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=192

True, but there is no hard evidence outside computer models that humans
are causing any fluctuations in temperature.  Whether it is happening is
a separate issue than what is causing it. It would be terribly difficult
to prove empirically that human activity is the cause.

Also, consider that the total temperature only rose 1 degree in the last
century and hurricane season was(comparatively) a flop this year.

Even if you believe C02 emissions are doing it, remember that 100 years
ago the automobile had just entered the market.  Who knows what we will
be using in 100 more!

Politicians and anti-capitalists love the theories though.  It lets them
pass laws to make you live the way they want you to.  Makes them feel
good but its mostly junk science.  The ban on DDT has killed millions of
mostly children in Africa, but it was too banned on junk science and
only after first world countries had used it successfully.

-DavidM