Announcing Luigi -- WIP teaser

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun Nov 26 23:41:02 PST 2006

Tomas Lindquist Olsen wrote:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>> The demo is using GLFW, but the input source and window management
>> library is abstracted out to be easily replaceable.
> Why not use the D native GLD ?

Just checked in a new GLD input adapter for Luigi.  Works like a charm.

The hardest part was figuring out how to compile gld given that all the
paths where it expects to find things are embedded in a D source file.
And it needs implib.exe, which I had to go looking for.

Once I had GLD compiled then it was just a matter of s/glfw/gld/g on all
the working GLFW code.

So Luigi now supports GLD.

Luigi also now has working
  * buttons
  * textfields
  * checkboxes
  * sliders

And you can see on the screenshots page that there's a snazzy
texture-based theme in the works (texture currently borrowed from the
DirectX utility toolkit). I've only implemented buttons for that so far.

Luigi URL:
   http://www.dsource.org/projects/luigi
Screenshots:
   http://www.dsource.org/projects/luigi/wiki/screenshots