DMD 0.175 release

David Medlock noone at nowhere.com
Mon Nov 27 04:16:08 PST 2006

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> David Medlock wrote:
>

>>John S. Skogtvedt wrote:

>>>If you do a google search it seems it's not quite that simple:
>>>http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=192
>>
>>True, but there is no hard evidence outside computer models that humans
>>are causing any fluctuations in temperature.  Whether it is happening is
>>a separate issue than what is causing it. It would be terribly difficult
>>to prove empirically that human activity is the cause.
>>
>>Also, consider that the total temperature only rose 1 degree in the last
>>century and hurricane season was(comparatively) a flop this year.
>>
>>Even if you believe C02 emissions are doing it, remember that 100 years
>>ago the automobile had just entered the market.  Who knows what we will
>>be using in 100 more!
>>
>>Politicians and anti-capitalists love the theories though.  It lets them
>>pass laws to make you live the way they want you to.  Makes them feel
>>good but its mostly junk science.  The ban on DDT has killed millions of
>>mostly children in Africa, but it was too banned on junk science and
>>only after first world countries had used it successfully.
>>
>>-DavidM
>

> Sorry, calling it junk science is somewhat harsh, and it is still no reason
> to pollute, as it certainly doesn't cause anything good. Note that if what
> we are seeing now is actually due to pollution, then it is a bit late if we
> don't use cars in a 100 years.
>
> I for one thinks it sucks with +10 degrees Celsius and rain in late
> November, and it seems my son at 3 agrees.

I won't be drawn into a long discussion of this, but

- I never said anything about pollution.  C02 is a naturally occuring
element in our atmosphere.  Pollution is contamination of that
environment.

- My 3 year old likes going places in my car and heat for our house.
You would pay much more for those things under Kyoto. Bringing your 3
year old into it is pretty juvenille.

- There is still NO EVIDENCE of C02 caused by humans.  Increasing C02 +
more humans is not conclusive.  You need reproducible results and double
blind studies, not a 'consensus'.

- The total temperature increase in the 1900s was 1 degree celsius.

- It IS an anti-capitalist movement.  Go read the Kyoto treaty, which
was ironically rejected by Japan.

Believe the chicken littles if you like, but they have an agenda just
like everyone else.  Until you have reproducible results it IS junk science.

-DavidM