DMD 0.175 release

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Mon Nov 27 07:15:37 PST 2006

David Medlock wrote:
> - There is still NO EVIDENCE of C02 caused by humans.  Increasing C02 +
> more humans is not conclusive.  You need reproducible results and double
> blind studies, not a 'consensus'.

Please rephrase. There is plenty of evidence of CO2 caused by humans.
There is no evidence of CO2 caused by humans, which you find convincing.

Yet I think you've got your facts seriously wrong here. I've never heard
anyone doubt the link between CO2 and humanity before. Likewise, the
link between CO2 and direct effect on global temperature are also very
well established; it's a very simple calculation.

Most of the published papers argue that secondary effects will enhance
the temperature effect, some argue that it will be 3 times the simple
calculation, and cite global temperature measurements as evidence.

The greenhouse sceptics generally argue that the secondary effects will
lead to a net effect of about 0.5 times of the simple calculation, and
say that the observed global temperature rise is largely due to
non-human factors.