DMD 0.175 release -- CO2

Carlos Santander csantander619 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:42:07 PST 2006

John Reimer escribió:

> Why is CO2 a bad thing?  Don't plants use it for photosynthesis?
> Wouldn't it make our planet a greener place?  Wouldn't it encourage
> growth of trees and plants that industrialization destroys?
>
> Pollution seems to an important issue to deal with for health reasons
> alone, but I don't know how increased CO2 is going to destroy us any
> faster than disease, war, and bad health habits.
>
> -JJR

I don't know for sure how everything affects everything else, but I think that
even the slightest changes can alter the world in ways that can't really
predict. And it won't only affect human beings, but also plants and animals. But
everything is ultimately related, so I don't think it's that easy to just "more
trees, great!" That's why I think we should try to disturb nature as few as
possible, just because we don't know.

--
Carlos Santander Bernal