DMD 0.175 release

Charles D Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 27 19:38:31 PST 2006

Tom wrote:
>>> http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/
>> I doubt the reliability of your chosen source.
>
> Why? On the contrary, what I like about that source (thank you David
> for letting me know about it), is that they don't *just* say "I doubt
> the reliability of <whatever-they-don't-agree-with>." They also offer
> /a little bit more/ information about the WHY... ;)
>
> --
> Tom;

Because I read the start of the article pointed at.
Actually, when I read far enough it began to be reasonable.
(I didn't do that at first.)  So they're lying the way that
newspapers usually lie.  Put the "shaping" lines early in the
story, and then put the rest of the story on the jump sheet.
If you call them on it they can say "See, we printed the real
story!", but if you just read the first part, you get a VERY
distorted impression.

So I don't trust them.  If I want to invest that much effort,
I'll look it up where they don't first try to mislead you.
(And when you DO read the entire article, it doesn't support
the tale that people aren't responsible [partially] for global
warming.  Or that global warming isn't happening.)