minwin

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Nov 29 00:25:35 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

>> So are you saying that we should *not* write
>> "version(whatever) {} else" for D's #ifndef ?
>
> No, I'm saying one should not have properties that contain a negative,
> such as NOTMAIN or NOALIAS.

Agreed. It's better to pick the positive - if possible.

I just think that is plusungood to not be able to express
my thoughts, just because it is against "good manners"...
But I guess I'm just too rooted in the Oldspeak languages.

I do have the feeling this is just "!is" all over again,
but I don't think it is meaningful to discuss it further.
If and when D gets !versions, it's easy to change "{} else".

--anders