minwin

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Wed Nov 29 11:22:52 PST 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>
>>> So are you saying that we should *not* write
>>> "version(whatever) {} else" for D's #ifndef ?
>>
>> No, I'm saying one should not have properties that contain a negative,
>> such as NOTMAIN or NOALIAS.
>
> Agreed. It's better to pick the positive - if possible.

A couple of times I've been briefly stumped trying to come up with the
right positive, but every time I was able to figure one out, and was
pleasantly surprised to discover that it was worth it - the code is more
readable.

Note that I mean positive in the logic sense, not in the "think good
thoughts" sense.