PDF version of D manuals

Steve Horne stephenwantshornenospam100 at aol.com
Thu Nov 30 05:54:45 PST 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:42:27 +0200, Jari-Matti Mäkelä
<jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid> wrote:

>I would prefer adding a proper support for D syntax and semantics to
>doxygen. There's not much point in reinventing the wheel again.

Yes, but then adding D support to Doxygen is re-inventing the wheel in
the sense that Doxygen then has to parse and understand D.

Also, I quite like the idea that documentation, unit tests, and target
code all reflect the exact same understanding of the original source
code. If you use Doxygen and VC++, you'll find some odd things
occasionally happen in documentation because Doxygen doesn't
understand some Microsoft-specific code (__if_exists for instance).

What might be nice is a standardised intermediate format that
compilers could generate, and documentation tools could then process.

--
Remove 'wants' and 'nospam' from e-mail.