PDF version of D manuals

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Nov 30 06:51:04 PST 2006

Steve Horne wrote:

>>I would prefer adding a proper support for D syntax and semantics to
>>doxygen. There's not much point in reinventing the wheel again.
>
> Yes, but then adding D support to Doxygen is re-inventing the wheel in
> the sense that Doxygen then has to parse and understand D.

Doxygen currently understands a simple subset of "D 1.0",
even if doesn't understand much of templates and "D 2.0".
(Currently using it instead of Ddoc, which just outputs
blank for all code that doesn't have any comments added ?)

We've been using this to share docs between D/C#/Java,
that also have one "native" documentation format each.
I'm sure the D support in Doxygen could be improved...
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DoxygenIssues

But for the D "manual" (specification), there are probably
better formats to use than those done for commenting code ?

--anders