wxD 0.08 released

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Oct 3 02:47:17 PDT 2006

BLS wrote:

> Future plans / Using SWIG :
> A BIG win for the D community. And IMO the only way to keep wxD up to
> date. BTW, will you pick up Andy Friesen's work ?

The current wxD roadmap is:

- use the current C++ and D classes for wxWidgets 2.6 API, in "wxD 1.0"

- generate new SWIG C++ / D classes for wxWidgets 2.8 API, in "wxD 2.0"

We (in wxD) are working with the wx.NET team on this wrapper generation.
I haven't looked at using bcd.gen, to generate D wrappers for wxWidgets.

--anders

PS.
SWIG is currently used for these bindings:
- wxRuby2 (http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/)
- wxLua (http://wxlua.sourceforge.net/)
- wxPython (http://www.wxpython.org/)
- Java/jwx! (http://jwx.sf.net/)