foreach, an analogy

Brad Anderson brad at dsource.org
Thu Oct 19 08:43:33 PDT 2006

Andrey Khropov wrote:
> Vladimir Kulev wrote:
>
>> I just want to put my heartfelt cry here. Foreach_reverse is evil! I like D,
>> but such a things just increase probability that it never will be not a
>> toy. Implement an iterators integration into foreach, or do something else,
>> but do in intensive way, not extensive!
>> Walter, read some books about language architectures and design, please!
>> There are lots of info in the Internet.
>
> I absolutely agree!

I would guess that Walter has forgotten more about language architectures and
compiler design than you two ever knew combined.  foreach_reverse is not a
large enough issue to question Walter's abilities.

If you've listened closely, and I don't think you have, he has said repeatedly
that he sees enough utility (its use w/ arrays) that it's staying.  Give it a
few releases and hopefully this woeful abomination of sugar won't affect you
too much.

BA