GDC 2006 2D Physics Demo for D

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 20:58:38 PST 2006

"clayasaurus" <clayasaurus at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ei6dp6$2i50$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Derelict comes with the demo.zip package along with SDL.dll. If you have
> the D compiler and build, all you need to do is 'build
> main.d -Rn -full -release -O' to build it.
>
> Throw in an SDL_Delay(40) in the main while loop if you want a quick
> solution, or add a 'flags = SDL_OPENGL | SDL_FULLSCREEN' to the SDL video
> flags for fullscreen in main.d around line 668.

Ahh, great, that worked :)  So much cooler when it's running at a reasonable
speed.  Though strangely putting it in fullscreen didn't help.  Apparently,
there's a way to make SDL wait until a vertical retrace until it updates the
screen, using SDL_DOUBLEBUF for the video flags and SDL_Flip() at the end of
the loop, but I tried that and that didn't help either.