The Windows API translation project has gone quiet

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 12:18:27 PDT 2006

Once upon a time, this collaborative project to translate the Windows
API headers into D was quite active.

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WindowsAPI

I think it had four or five contributors at one point.  But over the
last month or three, there have only been minor updates.

Of course, the core stuff has been translated, though not all polished.
  And I've just taken a few more modules.  I think it's time for
contributors, both new and old, to bring the project to life again.

Please read the translation instructions.  The readme.txt file is
probably rather out of date with the wiki page, but I hope to get this
fixed soon.

While at it, there are a number of open discussions on the wiki page
awaiting your feedback.  In particular, I consider the following
discussions to be open:

- winsock/winsock2 - in particular, which should be imported by default
- meanings of the statuses - Don has come up with a decent system, does
everyone agree that we should implement it?
- what to do with variable-length structs

I've noticed that two files have mysteriously appeared in the Dsource
repository, both added by rko:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/browser/trunk/win32/format
http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/browser/trunk/win32/README.txt

The latter is not to be confused with readme.txt.  Does anybody know how
these got in here?

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.