The Windows API translation project has gone quiet

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 11:23:49 PDT 2006

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Stewart Gordon wrote:
>> Once upon a time, this collaborative project to translate the Windows
>> API headers into D was quite active.
>>
>> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WindowsAPI
>>
>> I think it had four or five contributors at one point.  But over the
>> last month or three, there have only been minor updates.
>>
>> Of course, the core stuff has been translated, though not all
>> polished.  And I've just taken a few more modules.  I think it's time
>> for contributors, both new and old, to bring the project to life again.
>
> That would be great.  If it helps, I would commit to having Ares using
> these libraries in future releases.

Indeed.  And I would like to make SDWF use this translation sometime.
Not sure whether to wait until it becomes part of Phobos.  Once that's
done, maybe I'll make a start on making SDWF support Unicode.

>> I've noticed that two files have mysteriously appeared in the Dsource
>> repository, both added by rko:
>>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/browser/trunk/win32/format
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/browser/trunk/win32/README.txt
>>
>> The latter is not to be confused with readme.txt.  Does anybody know
>> how these got in here?
>
> They look like accidental check-ins.  I say delete them :-p

And I noticed a bit later that that changeset included a number of weird
folders as well.

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.