DMD 0.166 release

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Sat Sep 2 16:06:58 PDT 2006

Oskar Linde wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>
>>Hot, Dog!!!
>>
>>This is a project I was hoping to get to a LONG time ago. (The d code
>>side, not the getting-D-to-do-this side)
>>
>>Best I came up with was a Runtime version.
>>
>>http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~shro8822/unit.d
>>
>>Mind if I try to graft in a "few" ;) more units and some unittest?
>
> Certainly not. Feel free to go ahead. :)
>
> But as I said, this is just a quick hack. Some improvements would be a
> generic Quantity supporting an arbitrary number of dimensions and rational
> exponents.
>
> /Oskar

I think 7d is actually more than is needed (But I'm no expert). Mine
only used 5d (mole is unit less and candle is power/area). Also I can't
ever remember ending up with non integer powers on a dimension.

As it stands, the template provides a lot of functionality.

I think that the next thing to be added should be a set of function
(sqrt, pow, etc). Any thought on how to get them to work without having
them be wrappers?