Is DMD 0.166 RC 1.0?

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 20:16:11 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Any compelling reason why not? I know that everyone (including me) wants
> more features, more improvements, etc., but nothing about calling it 1.0
> will prevent that from happening.

Why not: IFTI needs polish, array literals are just too valuable (although IFTI helps here
too), Phobos needs a std.array (templatized!), need to resolve current enhancement/feature
requests and suggestions -- aka, any new requests from "This Point" forward are tagged for
the next release, but anything currently on the table needs to get resolved to one of "not
going to happen", "will happen and here's how", or "deferred to next release because it
just can't be done and here's why".

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls