Is DMD 0.166 RC 1.0?

Charles D Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 4 15:01:16 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> I'd much rather work on the features the people who have *already*
> switched to D need to do outrageously cool things.

The only thing I can think of that D is missing is run-time
specification of type, and that doesn't seem as if it would
easily fit in with the rest of D.  Possibly for D 2.0 *or* 3.0.

What I would really *LIKE* is an interim way of connecting
easily to Python or Ruby (either one!).  Something like what
Pyrex does for Python.  (Yes, I know that's also an absurd
request...but that might be handleable with a library.  Perhaps.)

What's needed now, as we approach RC1, is a DEPENDABLY STABLE
language.  That, and a big push on libraries.  When I decide
which language to use, libraries are generally the deciding
point.  (Not always...just recently is was the lack of
run-time typing, but that's rarely an issue, and libraries are
more significant.)