DDL 1.2 Beta

BLS nanali at wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 9 10:21:51 PDT 2006

Hi Eric,

 > First of all, DDL can put an IDE directly in touch with the compiler's
 > output.  This means that the .obj files from a build pass can be
 > loaded  back into the IDE and parsed for type information, which then
 > can then be used for intellisence.
 > Once DDL is expanded to include debug information and line numbers,
 > one  could allow a developer to click on a symbol and go to where it
  > defined.

This simply means: DDL will probabely enable all IDE guys to create :
Not invented here, not yet seen (tm) IDEs. <vbg>

 > The environment would simply compile the plugin "scripts"
 > once they're saved and pull the .obj files directly into the runtime
 > in  one step.

I can't await your "Advanced Usage tutorials". I hope that you will
include a simple sample showing how to implement a plugin-architecture
using DDL.
Especially  "Dynamically Linking a Class" would be very interresting.

( An  : Enhancing a class form within a DDL module would be IMO the most
interesting part !)

Kind regards,
Björn