bcd.gen for Windows

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Mon Sep 11 21:12:47 PDT 2006

(bcd.gen is a generator for bindings to C[++] libraries from D, see
http://www.dsource.org/projects/bcd/ )

After a ridiculous amount of hacking to get gccxml working, I've
released a version of bcd.gen for Windows.  It's somewhat large (4MB),
as it includes a full copy of the Windows headers and standard C++
headers (it would be possible but far from trivial to detect and use
VC++ or DMC versions thereof).

It's only gone through preliminary testing, but all results have been
positive thusfar.  If you want to test it or bind libraries on Windows,
here's a link:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/bcd/browser/downloads/bcdgen-win-99.zip?format=raw

It's been working on POSIX systems since the beginning: If you're on
GNU/Linux or Mac OS X, get gccxml and check out bcd from source.

If this works, it may be about time for a release, in which case I'll
make binaries for all platforms I'm capable of making binaries for, and
release the whole shebang as 0.1.

  - Gregor Richards