eDitor 0.44 released

Thomas Brix Larsen brix at brix-verden.dk
Mon Apr 2 05:52:24 PDT 2007

Hello David

david wrote:
> Thanks Thomas,
> I definitely like the clean interface
> and the "project equals directory" approach!

:)

> (the following concerns win32, dmd 1.010, build 3.04)
>
> Hm, it seems I haven't got the "run" part right:
> build works perfectly, compiling me a main.exe.
> But when I try to run the program from eDitor nothing happens
> (also no text in the "output" field at the bottom).
> The project settings are
> my main.d for the main source file,
> my main.exe for the file to run.
> Did I miss anything?

No, it would seem that *I* missed something ;) I'll upload a bugfix release
later today.

> And how do I use the "outline" feature?
> I'm not entirely certain how I can activate it,
> currently it shows only "-class -todo -int main()".

That feature is work-in-progress and isn't implemented at all in eDitor
0.44. I'll change the text in the bugfix release to reflect this fact.

> A nice improvement to your program would be
> the possibility to choose the font (or at least the size)
> in the program settings.

Okay, I'll add both.

> To change the size is
> currently possible in the documentation
> (I guess you use an extern html renderer?)
> by combining strg+mousewheel.
> (now that I'm testing it, I can't bring
> my mousewheel(=scrolling) to work in the source - only in the docs;
> but since currently I only have a touchpad here
> and that works sometimes better than sometimes else
> I can't confirm that).

For doc widgets, I'm using Qt's internal rich text renderer, it features a
subset of html. The source editor widget is qscintilla, and I don't think
there is any default mouse mappings to it, though there might be.

> Thanks again for your good work!
> David

And thank you for using it ;)

- Brix