Tiny Jpeg Decoder

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Apr 3 18:49:56 PDT 2007

Tomas Lindquist Olsen wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've ported a small Jpeg decoder from C to D and decided I'll let you all
> know about it. I needed it for a small image loading library I've been
> working on. This will probably be released at some point as well, but until
> then here's the jpeg decoding part.
>
> BCS has kindly allowed me to put it in scrapple, so getting a copy should be
> a familiar process to most D users. [1]
>
> You can check out the scrapple site at: http://dsource.org/projects/scrapple
> I made a small wiki page with a usage example,
>
> The original C source code can be found at:
> http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/tinyjpegdecoder/
>
> Hope it's useful for someone.
>
> - Tomas Lindquist Olsen
>
> [1]: http://dsource.org/projects/scrapple/browser/trunk/tinyjpeg

Sweet.  Three files and minimal dependencies!  Know of any other tiny
image format decoders?  Specifically a decoder-only "tinypng" would be
nice to have.  Phobos has std.zip already so it should be possible to
write a very tiny decoder.

I guess most BMP and TGA decoders are tiny to begin with.  GLD has a
nice little TGA decoder that's 384 lines.

Might be nice to extract that into a little scrapple lib too.

--bb