Tiny Jpeg Decoder

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Apr 4 22:35:47 PDT 2007

orgoton wrote:
> I have coded a TGA decoder that loads compressed and uncompressed TGA files. 24 or 32 bit. It's super-tiny (~100 lines of code). If you could use it in your _open sourced_ project, I'd be glad to contribute.

Hmm.  I think the one in GLD handles 8-bit TGA gray maps too.  Maybe
gray+alpha also... hard to tell.
And I don't think it's encumbered by any "open source only" license
(GLFW, where it was ported from is Zlib).

So... I should get off my duff and make a stand-alone port of it for
scrapple.

Anyway, I really like the idea of assembling a tiny, dependency-free,
bare-bones collection of image loaders.  Next step would be to give
these PNG/JPEG/TGA loaders a consistent API for loading and such.

--bb