new optlink

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Fri Apr 6 03:51:42 PDT 2007

Lester L. Martin The 2nd wrote:
> hmm...
> Why aren't the libs that came with the old linker recompiled for the new linker or just simply copied over(as I had to do)? Are you working on this? Before release you need to do this because a lot of developers will be wondering how come a library such as dfl that needs gdi32.lib and a couple of other odd libs can't compile.
> Well anyway I did successfully get all the dfl examples to compile after copying over all the needed libs.  I look forward to the widespread use of this new linker.
>
> My system is AMD Athlon dual core with DMD 1.010 and link 8.00.1 with DFL and soon to be installed tango.
>
> Love the new linker; thanks for all your work on improving the D developer experience.
>
> Lester

Walter usually releases zip packages so they can be "installed" by just
unzipping them over your previous install.  I assume that's what he was
expecting you to do in this case too.  If the upgrade doesn't work for
some reason, you can go back to the previous version by unzipping the
previous version over top of the new version.

--bb