new optlink

dickl dick221z at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 08:06:50 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> I've been using it for a month now, and it seems to work. I'm especially
> interested in the experiences of those on a multicore cpu.
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/Digital_Mars_C++/Patch/beta.zip

Since your making changes to the linker would you please have the linker
  handle the full win32 names rather than having to use the 8.3 short
file name in import libraries.

e.g.
I have to use this in the .DEF when making an import library
LIBRARY IPPS~5~1

rather than the real name of
LIBRARY IPPS-5.1  (this line causes the linker to put the DLL name in
the executable as IPPS-5.1 rather than IPPS-5.1.DLL)