DMD 1.011 release

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 05:36:35 PDT 2007

"Manfred Nowak" <svv1999 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eviatg$7r5$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Walter Bright wrote
>
>> some enhancements.
>
> I believe that "macro" is the wrong wording for the intended semantics
> of manipulating ASTs.
>
> D supporters might get into serious argumentative troubles when
> negating the usefullness of C macros on one side and OTOH have to hail
> AST manipulators which irritatingly have the same name: "macro".

..but then you have Lisp programmers who will feel right at home calling it
'macro,' which is, I guess, the motivation for calling them as such.

I don't think it'll be much of a problem; the D macros will probably be able
to take the place of most C preprocessor macros, so it'll just be "D's
macros are better than C's."