Flower - announce and inquiry

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Fri Apr 13 10:49:32 PDT 2007

torhu wrote:
> I'd gladly pay $20 for something that's simpler to use than codeblocks
> or windbg, and has better D support than msvc 6.  That would save me
> hours every week.  It would probably have to be a debugger gui only,
> since a full-blown IDE written by a single person would most likely
> never reach a usable state.  It's just too much work.  I don't think the
> world needs another dead project in that category.
>
> But a  dedicated gui for ddbg that actually works, is more or less
> stable (on windows, cross platform apps tend to only be stable on the
> platform that they're primarily developed on), and can be used without
> causing more hair pulling than it's worth, would be worth its weight in
> gold.  I challenge you to pull it off. :D
>
> If I coded D for a living, I'd probably pay $500 for someting like that.

I second this. I know an operation that is looking at using D in
for-profit projects. One of there biggest reservations is debuggers.
Make Flower work and that starts looking like a vary small issue.

BTW how hard would it be to put the who thing in a .DLL so that other
programs could host it? That might get you a lot of the IDE side for free.