Tango 0.97 RC1 released

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Mon Apr 16 01:29:15 PDT 2007

Jeff wrote:
> While I'm at it, I'll mention a pipe dream of mine, too: programs that
> use both? If the libraries were adequately segmented, this could be
> possible, no? :)

I've created a compatibility layer, tangobos. It's mainly intended for
porting (since porting incrementally is infinitely easier than porting
in one blow), but I think it could also be useful for using Phobos
libraries which you don't control in a Tango app, since it would be a
bit silly to maintain a fork of an active app just because it doesn't
use the right core library.

It's a bit controversial though :P

Tangobos doesn't have a home page yet, but stay tuned.

  - Gregor Richards

PS: Yes, I love Tango, and am indeed a Tango team member, I'm just also
a realist.