Tango 0.97 RC1 released

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Apr 16 02:41:51 PDT 2007

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:

> For a complete list, see
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/0_97_Changelog. There are still
> a few rough edges, so we welcome all feedback and testing. Mac OSX
> functionality has improved a lot, but we are still seing issues, mostly due
> to differences between GDC and DMD in addition to a couple of show
> stoppning bugs in the compiler.

The easiest way of installing Tango on Mac OS X is installing a fresh
copy of GDC (and Rebuild) in a separate directory, like /opt/gdc or so.
Then set the PATH to this alternative prefix (PATH=/opt/gdc/bin:$PATH),
and build/install Tango there and finally use Rebuild to build programs.

So to use the regular library you would call /usr/bin/gdc (e.g. gdcmac),
and to use the alternative library it would call upon /opt/gdc/bin/gdc.

--anders