DMD 1.012 release

Jeff jeffrparsons at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 16 17:39:17 PDT 2007

> I started to look at this, but got de-motivated by the C++ :) It is unlikely
> that I will have more time for it in the near future.

This is one of the things that puts me off the idea, too.

I'd favour a D IDE written in D. So... Poseidon? I was pretty
enthusiastic about this at first, then when I thought I'd try to
contribute, I couldn't even find one person who claimed to be leading
the project (I think it might've been in a handover phase?) which put me
off. That and I was worried that some features were being thrown in
quickly rather than carefully, which could have been a pain to change
later. Hopefully the Tioport of SWT will revitalise it? :)

Then, of course, is my ultimate goal: just convince Trolltech to move
Qt5 to D! ;)